Skip to main content

Another weekend in London

Well well another weekend in London. first of all, I have to announce that my dear friend May is back in London~ haha yes quite unbelievable. Her London colleagues must have missed her so much that two days after she returned SG, they requested for her to come back! So yay we have company :)

Saturday morning.. I talked to my dear jiemeis from SG *waving* "hellooooo!!! Big HI to Cin, Cor, Wen and Zhu!! Initially we wanted to webcam but last min nobody's house was avail so we had to make do with a conference call haha.. they found a comfy corner (I presume) at Starbucks and called me at my home while yours truly was still in dreamland... zzzz... mmm... haha but it was fun to talk to them after 2.5mths despite the quality of connection not at it's best but we can't complain. Ooohh can't wait for August monthend where they come visit visit moi! Hope Zhu is deeply satisfied with her once again, self-picked wallet!! haha reminds me so much of our JC days where we gave her a self picked wallet!

After the call we made a nice breakfast.. with crumpets (first time eating them, bought from Tesco) with maple syrup, scrambled eggs (thanks to Cyn), orange juice & toast. wahh v full and we set off to Harrods & Kensington area! yeah i know you are rolling your eyes going "shopping again, tsk tsk!" I know.. cannot help it, summer sale lah and there are quite many good buys if you keep your eyes peeled :) and that needs practice okie. not easy.



Posted some pictures of Harrods below here.. nothing much caught my eyes (luckily whew!) but it was much fun to go ooh and ahh over those delectable desserts! How to resist you tell me! And over at the Italian corner where people sit around in a semi circle while the chefs make fresh pizzas & pasta, the main chef sings a tune or two of Italian opera, very very cool. Singing while toasting that dough base in the air. *applause*


a cooking Pavarotti belting out opera tunes

Who had a stack of his own albums on the counter top.
Talk about moon lighting!


Desserts galore
Tough to choose one!

Maybe I'll pick one of these...

The food hall

Shopped the whole afternoon at Kensington area.. omg we shopped for 7h! Gives a whole new meaning to "shop till you drop" to us that day. I think I was literally zombie-fied at night.


~~~~~


Sunday morning, met May to go Spittasfield Market near Liverpool Street station. Hmm must say I didn't really fancy this place much coz it is just a pasar malam, english version. And we think much of the stuff there are from back home in Asia and to pay GBP15 for a t-shirt knowing the origin of that T-shirt just doesn't go well with us.


Cute ice cream van

That said, I must say I made a mini investment!! haha guess what- I bought a first edition of a Penguin book! Titled 'The Man with Two Left Feet & Other Stories' by this guy called P.G. Wodehouse.. who lemme see... was born in England in 1881!! This book was published first in 1917 but first printed by Penguin in 1961 which I now hold in my hands! haha must post a pic to show you. Never know, how much it will be worth in.. hmm 50 or 100 years. But May and I figured out the pages would most likely have rotten by then. haha anyway quite cool to have something like that don't you think?
My mini investment!

I think I am getting used to church now :) I was getting worried about adjusting but somehow things just happened and Grace intro me a SG gal who is attending Hillsong and the amazing thing is that she attends the connect group (aka care group) just near my house! wahh how awesome is that.. makes me think.. must be God ^^

What struck me from the sermon today was what the preacher said about people reaping what they sow, and many a times, people blame the outcome(s) on God asking where is He when so-and-so happened. He gave many points but what I thought is so true is the fact that we need to control our thoughts. Thoughts are important because they control our actions and we need to catch ourselves before we realise it is too late. A thought triggers an attitude, which triggers an action, which triggers a behaviour, which in turn triggers a habit, and finally triggers a lifestyle (of coz this is the extreme end) but many people are still living in the past, letting a certain event dictate their lives and resulting in their lifestyle today. And all this because of a small thought that ballooned way out of proportion. Very true don't you think?

We met Cynthia to err walk down Bond Street and Oxford Circus once again since we were already there for church. May bought a really beautiful and glam necklace for her wedding.. omg it was so exciting to choose together with her! And such a steal coz Swarovski was having mega sale. See what I mean by keeping your eyes peeled =p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f