Skip to main content

Sharon visiting

Right after Li Hoey & family went back, I have Sharon from church dropping by for a short two days coz she is here for work and extending 3 days here in London.

On Sunday, I brought her to Hillsong church for the 5pm service :) and then we had dinner at a nice Italian restaurant Strada with the beautiful Tower Bridge in the background. It's been more than 5 months since we met and had my farewell with the CG back in Kehan's place and she updated me on what's going on in the CG and we just had a good time catching up.


inside the restaurant; after dinner.. hee yes I went shopping with Cynthia before church service. Getting ready for Fall by buying lots of leggings and leg warmers! haha

For dinner tonight, I suggested going to Canary Wharf area and we had Spanish food for dinner, "Tapas for a Tenner", you pay GBP10 and can order as many Tapas as you want. A bit too salty though but it was good conversation over dinner. *miss the fellowship with CG mates like her*

that's our mini seafood paellas

p/s Am getting more excited at the upcoming Hillsong Conference! I just volunteered to serve next Saturday and was very glad today when I found out the services which Ps Prince is scheduled to preach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the...

Cooking mee pok dry | bak chor and fishball noodles

When I touched down at Changi airport a few weeks ago, I was very hungry and K suggested grabbing a quick bite at the food court.  I immediately went for the queue at the bak chor (minced pork) noodles stall.  This one dish is very local and we simply can't find it here.  London's Chinatown has a few Malaysian restaurants with fried kway teow, chicken rice, laksa, etc but there is no authentic fishball noodles or minced pork noodles. When my friend Corinne shared this link last week, I was intrigued and I didn't know K was too.  He suggested going to the Asian supermarket on Sunday to get the necessary ingredients.  We found Dodo fishballs from Singapore here - what a win!  Unfortunately the mee pok (yellow, flat noodles) is of a darker shade here and tastes slightly different (maybe a different type of wheat?).  We found fishcakes too. http://delishar.com/2015/12/fishball-noodles-mee-pok-tah.html This is a healthier version of the hawker center'...

Happy 2025! A recap of my life.

Hello people, if you are still checking back in occasionally.  I doubt it, but hey if you are reading this, Happy 2025! I've been on radio silence (has it been 2 years?!) because finding time to blog as a full time working mum is hard.  Period.  However, I have made a mental note to start blogging again, because I do love to write.  And I would love my children to be able to read back on my life before I had them, my thoughts along the way.. a digital legacy if you may. Let me recap since the last I stopped blogging... we have 2 years to catch up on! 2022-2023 Looking back, my senses were hit 180 degrees by all the changes that came my way back in April 2022.  My circumstance rendered me impossible to even put in words how I truly felt inside.  You could say that my comfort zone which I had known for 14 years came crashing down on me, and what came along was challenging to say the least.  I was essentially crushed and could not breathe, figuratively....