Skip to main content

Night Out for Joselyn's Farewell

Ooh delayed post for last Saturday 15 Nov.

Afternoon there was a Sisterhood with Christine Caine at the Emmanuel Centre. Joined some girls for lunch at Nandos before making out way down to the centre. I think it was the first time I heard Chris Caine and I thought it was a good session. It was so nice of the girls to distribute home made heart shaped cookies to everyone during the break :)
~~~~~

After service, I met Joselyn, Cynthia, Alicia and Jianliang for dinner at Chocolate Factory before going to this recommended club called Hoxton Pony at Old Street where another of Jos' friend joined. We all didn't really like this place so after finishing two bottles of white wine, they decided we shld join Eric, Gin n their friends at Embassy as they were celebrating Gin's birthday there as well.

dinner @ Choc Factory


Whoa what a crowd at Embassy. This is an expensive club coz cover was GBP20 with no drinks somemore! But then yea have to admit it was much better than Hoxton Pony (Alicia said she's gonna scold her colleague for his "recommendation".) So in the end there was a huge group of us... were there till the club closed and by the time we got out, it was almost 4am. Everyone was trying to get taxis home and omg when we reached home it was 5am. Obviously everyone was so super zombiefied the next day.

NJC people unite! yea, I felt so left out :( they made me the photographer

on the way to Embassy; Alicia looks very very happy

expensive Mojitos


Oh well, all for Joselyn.. we are all gonna miss having her around!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the...

Cooking mee pok dry | bak chor and fishball noodles

When I touched down at Changi airport a few weeks ago, I was very hungry and K suggested grabbing a quick bite at the food court.  I immediately went for the queue at the bak chor (minced pork) noodles stall.  This one dish is very local and we simply can't find it here.  London's Chinatown has a few Malaysian restaurants with fried kway teow, chicken rice, laksa, etc but there is no authentic fishball noodles or minced pork noodles. When my friend Corinne shared this link last week, I was intrigued and I didn't know K was too.  He suggested going to the Asian supermarket on Sunday to get the necessary ingredients.  We found Dodo fishballs from Singapore here - what a win!  Unfortunately the mee pok (yellow, flat noodles) is of a darker shade here and tastes slightly different (maybe a different type of wheat?).  We found fishcakes too. http://delishar.com/2015/12/fishball-noodles-mee-pok-tah.html This is a healthier version of the hawker center'...

Happy 2025! A recap of my life.

Hello people, if you are still checking back in occasionally.  I doubt it, but hey if you are reading this, Happy 2025! I've been on radio silence (has it been 2 years?!) because finding time to blog as a full time working mum is hard.  Period.  However, I have made a mental note to start blogging again, because I do love to write.  And I would love my children to be able to read back on my life before I had them, my thoughts along the way.. a digital legacy if you may. Let me recap since the last I stopped blogging... we have 2 years to catch up on! 2022-2023 Looking back, my senses were hit 180 degrees by all the changes that came my way back in April 2022.  My circumstance rendered me impossible to even put in words how I truly felt inside.  You could say that my comfort zone which I had known for 14 years came crashing down on me, and what came along was challenging to say the least.  I was essentially crushed and could not breathe, figuratively....