Skip to main content

More Foodie Hunts

We have been rather greedy these few days, hunting down fine dining places. Well we found out these two weeks is known as the "London Restaurant Week" so many top places are offering great promos/ discounts.

Last Friday night, the group of us had dinner at restaurant 140 Park Lane at Marriott Hotel in Mayfair. We all shared the crab & prawn cake for appetiser; I ordered the venison for mains, finished by sharing belgian choc cheesecake, and followed by post dinner drinks (each of us ordered a different cocktail).
Hmm overall it was so-so, we didn't think it was fantastic... but as usual, great company so that makes a difference!


Saturday
I met Wenwen for a day out downtown. Being Jap foodies, we decided to check out authentic Jap food place and ended up in a small Tokyo-like diner where waitresses are all Japanese at Marylebone Road. I finally tasted my fav Unagi-don in London! It was such a generous serving of two huge pieces of succulent eel, we were so full and satisfied. Walked around.. Selfridges... Liberty (I love Liberty - new find! They invite famous designers to design stuff just for them and there's an arty feel to the place and things.. so names like Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, and many more designer stuff you can't find in the stores outside. Loved this Anya Hindmarch canvas bag... okok shld stop buying.. window shop will do!) and finally ended up at Japan Centre. So tired man.. dinner at Four Seasons again.. ooh the fat duck, so sinful but yummilicious.



Monday night, we had dinner at *woohoo my first Michelin star restaurant* Galvin at Hilton Park Lane. Highly recommended by Cynthia's friend, she found a 50% discount on a la carte dinner (usual price GBP58 for a 3 course dinner), and we managed to book a table at this hugely popular restaurant.
I ordered a foie gras for appetiser, a halibut (some sort of fish) for mains, finishing it off with a dark choc cake with malt ice cream. Food was great, service was excellent, plus a superb view of London at night perched on the 28th storey, it was definitely two thumbs up!


:: Now gotta detox!! ::

Comments

Sabrina said…
How's that 'no carb for dinner'????? :)
Belinda G. said…
hey sabrina, I know!! totally broke the rules this past week :(

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f