Skip to main content

*drumroll* One year in London!!

Hey peeps! We have actually been here in London for exactly a year today!! whoop whoop

Inspired by a website I saw, I decided to do an "all-in montage" for myself and having some trouble going thru tons of photos.. so just sieved out a few memorable ones; might seem a bit narcissistic oh well, just let me be for once!


WOW it has been an amazing amazing journey for me. Looking back, yes it was very very eventful and this whole experience is something which I dreamt of and never thought would come true. Truly even till today, I am forever thankful to dear Abba who provided and saw me through every single step of the way. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and the reality of me being here just hits me and I just go "wow... praise Jesus." :))

One of my fav verses that always resound in my head:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Love it! We are truly blessed to be in the Benjamin generation. And I firmly believe that this IS the acceptable year of the Lord, no matter what.


Last year was a hectic year packed with travelling as everyone knows, but this year, with its uncertainties, would be quite the opposite.. I think I would be spending more (quality) time here in London, and do more touristy stuff here (yes I should!). It would be a shame if I have travelled much of Europe but not know much places here in London at the end of my assignment. *sheepish*

~~~~~


As a pre-celebration, Yeelin and Felix came by for our "Waitrose takeaway dinner" on sunday night. They bought cordon bleu chicken, lamb, and roast beef (each of us a slice of meat each, decent portions for once!) with rosti. And finishing it with blueberry cheesecake. For a start, I finally could use the tealight holders which Pris n Stephan gave me for Christmas last year. I got a small bunch of bright pink roses from Tesco as a table decor and with the candles, it was almost restaurant ambience (I was the deejay for the night too!). Felix was very impressed hah.

** Did I mention this blog is one year old too?!!**

~~~~~

Coincidentally tonight both Cynthia and I had plans for a show coz she was commenting sometime back she would like to watch a ballet performance. I watched Swan Lake when Miss Mimi was here but Cyn couldn't join us. So I booked Giselle for tonight sometime back. And for dinner, we finally managed to get a table at Wahaca, this Mexican place at Covent Garden, which is highly recommended by Kathryn. We've tried to go there twice with Alicia but they always had a long queue. Cheap and good Mexican street food.
Giselle, like Swan Lake, was really good.. the ending round of applause seemed like it would go on forever and this was the first time I see people throwing showers of flowers onto the stage. Big time. I thought it was so amazing that she could dance as light as a feather and I was so absorbed in the second half. Bravo!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f