Skip to main content

Home Sweet Home 2

See this month has been such a busy month for me and before my adrenalin from my trip back home dies down, here is a snapshot of what had happened in the past 2 weeks!
Of coz, the first and foremost (well, after my family obviously), is feasting on local food so I was pretty pleased that I got to taste almost all on my list (umm list made up in my mind, that is)

And then it was reunion with The Girls. We hanged out quite a bit and for starters, we booked a suite (my first hotel suite stay!) in The Sentosa Resort & Spa hotel for one night and so we had a girly afternoon and a really nice chinese dinner at Tung Lok Signatures at VivoCity (yes Bel's suggestion - no western food for 2 weeks!) Nothing close to a Hen's Night at all but it was fun nonetheless. =)

Our family suite

Attending my own church too, was a really nice feeling. Hillsong is nice, but New Creation Church is even nicer! (hehe you should understand I am biased) And I appreciated the few minutes of time I stole in between services to say Hi to my pastor.

I had the chance to meet up with Min and Mimi, and again we had dinner at Sushi Tei, this time at Raffles City instead of Paragon. The salmon sashimi salad with the in house salad dressing is as nice as ever *two thumbs up* and of coz, the company was great as usual!

very thoughtful present - Japanese Sake to warm up during winter

Hanging out with my brother and cousins - my dear brother actually took time off to bring me around. Firstly to my long awaited fish soup at our fav Blanco Court Fish Soup in Bugis *slurrrp* and then drove me and my cousin to Marina Barrage (geez, I realise there is a wiki page on it?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_Barrage) to ahem, fly kite! hahaha it was actually quite fun! And then we had the family dinner before the brother and cousins brought me to the new Timbre @ Old School. Yes up on Mt Sophia. I thought it would be secluded but omg the Q was pretty long. I prefer this to the one at Substation which incidentally we went to in Jan when I was home.

The Family Day

Meeting up with my dear PRA friends from church, Sze and Sally. Oh how our lives have changed since 1 year ago. Seriously. Well, I have relocated (I think this counts, no?). Sze is now a superwoman - banker cum supermom and Sally is now starting her own sandwich cafe in town!! So exciting. She literally rushed down for 1h to meet us before rushing back to prepare for her cafe opening. In her own words, she is now doing finance (budgetting, planning), HR, admin, training - all in one! So if you are reading this, please drop by Smoke Shack at Market Street Carpark at Raffles Place (facing Equity Plaza)!

Remember Ah boon who visited me last month? She and Jingyi kindly threw a welcome dinner for me cum a belated housewarming so I could meet up with some colleagues from home (and their partners too) at their place (no, should be called mansion).

looks like some family shot huh?!

their red-and-black themed entertainment room which I really liked

And the highlight of my trip back home is definitely Wen's wedding. It was a long day - fun and tiring all rolled into one. Gave me a good glimpse of how a wedding is like and it was seriously.... quite scary.

I love this shot despite it being a lil blurry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f