Skip to main content

random updates

I've been in such a hibernation mode after coming back from Singapore. Everyday after work, I just wanna go home, quickly have dinner and then head off to bed but only managed to do it for 2 nights (I slept at 930pm can you believe it). Wednesday I had connect group which I was looking forward to seeing Gabby, Sarah and Kine. When it ended close to 10pm, I just felt so sleepy knowing it's past my bedtime *yawn*

And then Thursday we had a team dinner - this time I voted for Chinese since we all have enough of Indian team dinners - at none other than Four Seasons restaurant at Leicester Square. It was 2 girls (kat and myself) and 4 guys. Seriously it was a meaty dinner. We ordered so much and amazingly we all finished everything - one roast duck, one soya chicken, honey pork chops, hot plate beef with spring onions and ginger, one plate of fried udon noodles, 4 portions of steam rice and one small dish of stir fry veg with garlic which was the only dish which wasn't wiped out. *burp*

*****************

Here are some other random updates of what's been happening (not a lot though) over this weekend.

Saturday morning. I am still in the baking urge so decided to try this recipe which Dennis' gf gave to me. Crunchy Macadamia Cookies. As you can see, the cookies ballooned from one small teaspoon side to like a big macaroon! I think I didn't do it very well so didn't take any more photos :( They taste ok don't misunderstand but I just felt it could be better. Anyways, gonna bring it to office on Monday for my team hehe.. Askar is known to be the "eating machine". Poor guy. But hey he finished most of my cashew nut cookies the other time!


Gabby persuaded me to go Christmas shopping with her at High Street Kensington in the afternoon and I was quite glad to avoid the ever so busy Oxford Circus/ Bond Street area. It was fulfilling and very tiring but I was so happy to discover this super good store with loads of good buys (which I have to keep a secret so the Tews won't find out haha!)


We passed by Boots where Kine was temping for a day selling Organic Surge products! "Hello Kine!"

Having a quick lunch at M&S hot deli corner. Gabby (above) having her simple sandwich while I had my massive burger and Belgian Choc Milkshake!! Sinful!!


... but I could only finish half of the burger and half of the milkshake coz I was too excited to get down to shopping. No free hands for any milkshake no matter how yummy!

We passed by the Organic Food store which is a massive supermarket and I caught sight of some very pretty cup cakes. Seriously I don't think I dare to eat - look at the amt of sugar needed! Cute nonetheless :)




So as you can imagine, we lugged our heavy bags esp Gabby, and went back home, put down my stuff and headed off to Karina's where we had planned previously for a Chinese food dinner cookout. *super tired + raining (again!)*

But by the time we got cooking, I felt better and it was fun. I snapped a few pics at the beginning and then as the other dishes progressed and people arrived (well over 20 - she is like the most social person ever - I don't know how she can always cope with such massive dinner parties), I somehow forgot to take more pictures so yup here's what I captured at the start of the dinner. It actually started off as an innocent Chinese cookout at her place between her, Chester and myself. But being the social person as she is, we think she invited like the whole neighbourhood. haha ok lah, joking. Bless her heart... I think the post dinner logistics will kill me. Imagine the cleaning up??!


That's Karina! Messing up in her kitchen and I was cooking the chicken rendang from one of the pre-mix pack my aunt gave me last year. Everyone said it was yummy! =)


The fish curry which Karina cooked from scratch. *applause*


Sunday morning. I've been telling myself to clear the load of fallen autumn leaves in my garden. Don't underestimate this picture below because it was hard work I tell you! I had no rake and had to use my hands and clear them. It would usually be okay but because it has been raining non stop, it was wet and yikey (yes I used plastic gloves in case you were wondering). At the end of 45min, I have 5 big black bags FULL of leaves and still a lot of leaves left! I give up.

---->

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f