Skip to main content

Colour My World | Hillsong Colour Conference 2011

And it was another great Hillsong Colour Conference, not at the Royal Albert Hall which I'd very much prefer, but at the Wembley Arena this year. I've long heard of Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena so was glad to "check it out", but oh man, I soon realised how far it is from my home (more than an hour to get there).

Anyways main thing is not the venue but the conference itself! This year Bobbie Houston the host stepped up in faith and chose this bigger venue from ROH, and there were more than 4,000 ladies who attended the 2.5 day conference. Can you imagine the level of screams and shrieks that we could potentially generate? I think it could bring the roof down.


Guest speakers included Lisa Bevere, Jeanne Mayo, my fav Judah Smith, and Bobbie Houston herself. I've never heard Lisa or Jeanne speak before so it was all new to me. Judah however, I heard him at last year's conference, wow he is one amazing preacher. He is young, trendy, dresses so well (loves shopping can u imagine), humourous, and above all, a solid preacher after God's heart. He spoke a powerful message that I had to run out to grab the CD afterwards coz I just had to listen to it again.

As usual, we were spoilt by all the guys serving. Yes men serving the ladies for this event :) They lined the way all the way from Wembley Park station to the arena and greeted us with big smiles; they opened the doors for us; made us all feel so welcomed. During breaks while we sit out in the sun with our food, they walked around asking for rubbish so they could help throw away for us. How pampered were we! And then of course on the finale night, we were presented with a big fat beautiful rose - all thorns removed!! Jesus bless all these amazing guy servers!


This year, I hanged out with Gabby, Phillipa and a few other girls from my connect.


During breaks, there was a Pamper Zone set up outside with tables covered with pretty Cath Kidston table cloth, and bottles and bottles of nail polish. Girls serving were doing hand massages and painting nails. For some (weird) reason, we spotted an empty table on the second evening and Gabby volunteered to do my nails in this super nice purplish pink. Super like. Milky colours are in fashion here and I promised myself I will hunt this colour down after the conference hehe.

All the effort put in by the whole Hillsong team was commendable as usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f