Skip to main content

"It's a small world after all...".. Let's go Euro Disneyland!

Shortly after our Florence trip, K suggested doing an impromptu trip to Disneyland in Paris over a weekend. I have only been to the one in Tokyo and I enjoyed it a lot (all things kawaii) and so I thought why not? It's a 2.5h ride away on the Eurostar and we set off on Friday night after work. To find Mickey Mouse.

Everybody sing... "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!"

I have to admit I am not like an excited kid when it comes to Mickey and gang anymore; I have outgrown them a long time go, but it's more of the overall feel in Disneyland. It's having the feeling of being in the happiest place on earth.


It was a beautiful day with blue blue skies and white white clouds

For some reason I expected it to be bigger. Like any other Disneyland, there is the concept of fast pass. You get the fast pass ticket which stipulates the time you can go back for the ride so you can cut the queue (we all like don't we! Be honest you). But you can only hold one fast pass at any point in time. However, fast passes are only for selected popular rides. The queues everywhere were relentless, at some point I just thought of giving up. Queuing up is not really my forte... but oh well, let not the queues get to me, for imagine if there were no one there to scramble for the rides, it wouldn't be as happy a place as it is. Something would be very wrong then- a deserted Disneyland.


The parade with Mary Poppins;
It's a Small World signature ride (I love this cute panda!)



We took some kiddy rides (my type hehe) and one very adventurous ride in my view - Space Mountain. The roller coaster in the dark, with a 360deg turn. I figured if I wanna take something scary like that, perhaps it's better in the dark so I won't know what's coming. At the most I'll close my eyes nothing will happen right? Before I experienced the physical 360deg turn, my stomach already did many turns thinking about it while queuing up.. I literally felt sick :/ After queuing up for 45min, I cowardly volunteered to give up and wait for K outside. He looked at me incredulously "Don't be silly!" Coz it was approaching our turn soon. Everyone was excited and Bel was having cold feet. Such a scaredy cat I know :(



Suddenly I spotted this old uncle with a head of white hair in front of me getting onto the roller coaster excitedly, and that was when I realise "if old uncle can do it, so can Bel". And I gamely walked up and took my seat with clammy and sweaty hands. A few minutes later, Bel emerged. With weak knees... errmm I think once is enough. Sorry lah, roller coasters aren't my sort of thing. Maybe spinning teacups are more my cup of tea (pun intended lol).

The teacup ride!

A big sigh of relief and a pat on my back, we walked around Disneyland and took a few more less scary rides and goofed around the shops. Fun weekend! :)


Comments

Pris said…
Ohhhh I love theme parks AND roller coasters!!!! Will definitely want to pop by Disneyland one day!!!! And congrats on your new job btw!!! Praise God!!! Already looking forward to seeing you this December over Christmas!

But I'm missing Dim Sum so much already inspite of my recent trip to Singapore. So maybe if I feel brave enough, might just take the plane down to London with baby to pay you a visit before Dec! Wahahah.... let's see if all this "gungho-ness" goes out of the window once baby's here.
Belinda G. said…
oooh seems like we are quite different in terms of theme park rides! hehe Thanks Pris, I am looking fwd to spending Christmas with the Tews (plus lil Tews!) in Dec.

Sure if you are game enough to fly down for dim sum, I'll definitely be up for yum cha with u!!

Take care babe.

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f