Skip to main content

Christmas in Stuttgart (I)

It was a frenzy before Christmas. All the shopping and Christmas parties, work stuff to wrap up for the year, the jostling with the crowds in the cold with Christmas songs playing in the background, seeing little alleyways decorated with fairy lights. All these a flurry of myriad moments before K and I boarded the plane to Stuttgart. Whew. I was excited to see everyone again after 2 years and also meet Baby Sammy. And to see Sabrina again after our farewell in London earlier this year. K is new to everyone so I gave him a mini crash course of the Tews Family.
As I am still in the Christmas momentum, I have blogged a much longer post than Pris :)

Meet and Greet, and off to the Christmas Market
Like every year, I would wish for a white Christmas and unfortunately it hasn’t happened once! Last Christmas they had lots of snow but I was back in Singapore… sigh, now I am starting to think maybe it’s me. Boo. When we touched down, it was still snowing. Werner (Father Tews) and Sabrina were at the airport to fetch us. Yippee! And then the snow stopped promptly when we reached Pris’ place. There I saw little Sammy sitting in his little rocking chair looking up at us strangers. After seeing all the photos which Pris posted on her blog and FB, I finally meet him in real person. What a cute lil thing he is!!


Pris cooked a home cooked lunch for us which we happily had (never say no to Singaporean fare) and I played with Sammy whilst she cleaned up. Sabrina came over and we all set off for the Baroque style Christmas market at Ludwigsburg. It is interesting to see that different Christmas markets have different themes. Esslingen which I went to two years ago was the medieval one. Little Sammy was all bundled up (may I add that it’s a lot of work and a lot of stuff to bring out with a baby). He was warm and cosy in his comfy cot. I was looking at it longingly thinking I wish I could be inside.

I love these few pics of him!

At the Christmas Market


Mercedes Benz Museum
Stuttgart is a super car city. It’s home to Mercedes Benz and Porsche. In fact, where we stayed, it was a short walk to the huge Porsche museum. I’m no car fan so I’ve never stepped into any of the car museums in Stuttgart despite having been there twice. K however, is a massive Mercedes Benz fan, so instead of trooping down to nearby Porsche, he said we had to go to the Mercedes museum, a la his “mecca trip”. Sabrina joined us too and Werner kindly drove us there. It was raining so heavily (why not snow??). I have to say it was more interesting than I had expected. The museum was clean cut and sleek, with a futuristic design. We saw so many cars that day. Ranging from the very first cars to how they evolved thru the years, right down to modern day cars, racing cars and futuristic looking cars (which don’t look too much like cars anymore; more like spaceships.) I think Aunt Evelyn would like it here. We spent the whole afternoon there and I think I had a lil Mercedes overload when I walked out of that building that evening.





Downtown Stuttgart
Spending the afternoon in town with Pris, Stephan and Sammy. We had a nice lunch and then walked around a bit. Pris and I took a short stop at Pimkie, my fav shop to go to in Germany, whilst the boys Stephan, K and Sammy went to the electronics store. It was here two years ago which Pris and I had a mini spree here and I was hoping to make it a lil tradition for us girls. Not a spree everytime, but more of shopping, trying on clothes, hanging out basically… So we were trying on clothes happily reliving the good old days when Pris received an SOS call from Stephan saying Sammy is crying and needs some help from the mommy. That was when I realised – oh the sacrifices of a mom. Pris dropped everything and said we HAD TO GO. Err but but… I was still deciding what to buy! Aiyo Sammy boy!!

Like Daddy, like Sammy



Comments

Pris said…
Ohhh, pai sei! Didn't mean to rush you out of the store! I think Stephan was exaggerating too lah...Sammy wasn't THAT cranky when we arrived.
Belinda G. said…
haha it's okay lah Pris, I thought it was quite a funny moment!!

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f