Skip to main content

MIA = Missing in Action

I know I haven't been blogging much of late. There are so many factors.. firstly work is just.. indescribable. It's so busy and with the steep learning curve, I just feel like ohmygod most of the time. I know (and still believe) it is my answered prayer but sometimes I just cannot fathom how an answered prayer turns out to be... so.. different from what I thought!

If we read about Joseph in the bible, his life wasn't a smooth sailing road. But if you continue reading, it says that "And the Lord was with Joseph". And Joseph was faithful and did his best in whatever situation he was placed in. That eventually he became such a great and important man. I can almost safely say that without his unpleasant experiences building up on that level of maturity, he wouldn't have become what he was in the end. Like what Sarah said, this might be my season of pruning and growing.. God is preparing me for something great. And so this is my source of encouragement - The story of Joseph.

I don't wish to whine and moan too much about my job anymore because I don't want to dwell and build up on too much negativity around work. Plus once I step out of office, I just switch off all work related stuff and look forward to what the weekend holds for me. Am praying that this season will be over soon, and that I can look back and say with conviction "The Lord was with me". I know He is right now, but it would nice to say that when looking bad at my tough times in life to see how He brought me through.

And then there is the internet issue at home which is driving me nuts. Three of us girls moved in September/ October and the old internet contract was supposed to end, and we were to start a brand new contract under our names. For some weird reason, SKY just refused end the old contract giving reasons which I am not even sure of anymore. Marcia is in charge of getting our internet/ TV things running so.. I am just relying on her efforts because I don't have the time and energy to do that after work. Thankfully I can come over to K's place (like now!) to use the internet but seriously, without internet in my life is just impossible. I believe it's the same for everyone. I can live without a TV (yes I did!) but not without internet. Spoke to Marcia tonight and it is highly possible that we will only get internet up and running under our names next year. How ridiculous.

But then at the same time I do wonder.. how many people do read my blog nowadays? (Other than my family, that is.) I mean, afterall I've been here more than 3 years and it's natural to drift apart. Especially in down seasons like this, I feel like I am forgotten by my friends back home. And then I feel depressed thinking about it... Actually who knows? Maybe I am just talking to myself here?

Comments

weifen said…
Hi Bel, it's weifen here. Just feel I must shout out - I am still following your blog! Really regularly in fact haha so please don't stop. :) Although I'm not sure if you might feel freaked that I read your blog so regularly although we were not chum buddies in the past. But I'm sure it's never too late to rectify that ;)

Sorry to hear your work is not gg so well. How's your other romantic life? extremely sweet and warm? hehe Is it getting cold and christmasy spirit in London already?

Cheerios! Weekend is coming!
Sabrina said…
Hello lovely,

I'm certainly another person who reads your blog regularly (as much as that is possible when I'm travelling) although I don't comment that often and don't write emails at the moment either.

Cannot wait to see you real soon and hopefully I can cheer you up a little. Your friends surely are out there! :)

Missing you!

Sabrina xxx
Belinda G. said…
Hi Weifen, hey thanks your note of encouragement came the fastest :) Very glad you are enjoying my blog. Definitely not too late to rectify it like you said :)
Thankfully work has gotten better so can breathe better nowadays. Yes Christmas is round the corner, really liking it. hehe yes romantic life is good :) we shld meet up in Jan when I am back!

Hi Sabrina, thanks for that encouragement. I can't wait to see you soon too!! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f