Skip to main content

Chilling at Home in Summertime

So I have run out of words to describe my current work situation, and the level of stress I am feeling right now.. is unbelievable.  You know it when you can't stop worrying about all the things you need to do, and having someone breathe down your neck.  Constantly.  Everyday.  Sometimes in the middle of the night I would jump up abruptly, brought out of my sleep and with heart pounding, wonder if there was anything I should have done, or someone I need to chase today because I don't want to be questioned about it later by that someone.  I try to be funny and refer her to K as "she who shall not be named" before K breaking out in laughter.  I don't wish to say bad things about who I work with because it is not very nice, but all I can say is that I believe it is THIS stress that made my body break out in rashes last Monday night.  Red spots all over my body and I freaked out because nothing like that has happened to me before.  Oddly I felt fine except for a bad throat and these unexplained red spots which refused to go away.

Finally on Thursday I decided I need to rest at home and get over this stress and red spots.  And it was such a beautiful day... the sun was shining and happened Marce was at home, so we spent the afternoon together, having lunch in our garden which felt like a proper summerhouse during this time.  The sun was beating down (words you seldom use here for the weather), the blue cloudless sky and the occasional wind.  The weather was dry and hot.  Sitting there under the umbrella, if I closed my eyes and breathed in, I almost felt like I was on a summer holiday somewhere in the Italian or French countryside.  More so from the occasional whiffs of Marce's sunblock lotion!

A proper Summer holiday house!

It's funny how we housemates seldom hang out since moving in.  We usually hang out with our own friends and only see one another back at home at night for brief chats and then back to our rooms to go to bed.  But this afternoon we chatted and shared with each other what we are both going through right now.  It's always nice to be able to be able to share and encourage each other at times when we need it. 

I made us a simple salad for lunch

Later on I decided okay it was getting too hot, so I decided to stay indoors and she continued suntanning there just enjoying the sunshine with a big grin on her face.  She couldn't believe I was planning to spend the rest of my day indoors.  I looked back at her and we both smiled.  Because she said obviously coming from Singapore, this sunshine can't make me as excited as someone who is from the UK.  I was happy, yes, but she was over the moon (or the sun for that matter).  Outside we could hear the ice cream van driving around playing the same kiddy tune over and over again, and the sound of kids running out getting their ice lollies.  Our neighbour has even rented this inflatable pool for the kids to play in - this is how into the weather everyone is.

That is the kitchen backdoor leading to the garden

Loving out garden (even tho I don't like gardening!)

I finally saw the doctor on Friday morning and she said it's a case of bacterial infection and prescribed me some antibiotics.  The best statement she said was "you should stay home and rest one more day.." and you know, you have to obey what your doctor says.  Which I did.  So yet another work free day on Friday and I tell you it is doing me so good.  Marce said I was all smiles throughout, a stark contrast to what I was on Wednesday night. 

I need super a lot of strength right now, to tide through to mid June and that would be my light at the end of the tunnel.. meanwhile, more strength to me Lord!!  Nonetheless, am so grateful for these two days of rest - more mental than bodily in my view but no doubt, both are related.


p.s. On the topic of ice cream vans and their tunes.  Gabby told me that back in Ecuador when she was growing up, she would love to pester her mum for an ice cream whenever she hears the tune from the ice cream van round her neighbourhood.  Guess what her mum told her?  "Oh the tune means the ice cream man has run out of ice cream."  Poor Gabby!! lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f