Skip to main content

Last day of 2013!

It feels surreal that it is the last day of the year!  How has your year been?

Today I left work at 1230pm and came back to a home cooked lunch by K, and now at sitting at my dining table (again!) and having a pot of tea in front of me with some tidbits in candlelight haha.. that is the scene which I am setting for my reflections of the year.

This has been one of the busiest years ever in my life.  Biggest milestone of course is that I got married!!  And I survived two weddings!!  In fact last night I realised that we have now been married for 6 months and 2 days!

Before that, let me recall Bel's memorable moments in 2013.

K and I went to learn horse riding beginning of the year at the farm near our home.  We had about 10 lessons each and as funny as it may sound, it didn't make me feel better about riding horses after our lessons ended.  I saw K fell off the stallion (thankfully he was fine), and a more scary episode was one of the last lessons which I had - I was supposed to ride the same stallion and I manage to come up with some excuse not to, and the teacher assigned another student to the horse.  Guess what the horse went a little crazy swaying around while we were learning how to trot in the arena.  The amount of swaying caused the student to fall off the horse too, and she was in tears.  It was a horrible feeling at that point in time - I felt so sorry for her and yet guilty too, knowing it could have been me.  They promised her she won't ever ride on Taylor again, and for me, it made me scared of them!  Sigh.. not exactly how I wanted to sound after taking 10 lessons.  K is still keen to learn, and says we could take lessons at another farm in the future.. *umm.. okay…*

Don't get me wrong, I love this white horse Poppy a lot and would always be
so happy when the instructor asked me to ride on Poppy for the lesson

Our last lesson where it was just two of us!
(It was a make up class for those who missed one lesson)

I did a two week trip back home in March.  Attended one of my best pal's wedding in Singapore in March - Corinne and her husband Darren.  I was her bridesmaid and could take notes for my own Chinese wedding in the later part of the year.  I was also there for my grandma's 89th birthday!  How cool is that, I was so happy because I love and respect this sweet old lady so much.  She is such a blessing in my life.  I also got to hang out with Min's daughter Charis over dim sum.


 




Two days after I arrived back, we celebrated K's birthday in the same restaurant which he proposed :)

 

We finally visited the all majestic Mont Saint Michel over Easter and travelled in the North of France, mainly in the countryside and deepened our love for this country.  And I had a chance to practice my rusty French.



Exactly on my fifth year anniversary here in London on 22 April, we spent it by visiting our wedding venue in the countryside of Hertfordshire.



Welcomed my family in June who were here to attend my wedding

Daddy and me!

Had my combined hen party with Marketa two weeks before the big day



And of course, wedding plans in full swing, the BIG DAY arrived on the 29th June 2013!

T'was a beautiful day thank you JESUS for such awesome weather!

We went on a short 5 day mini-moon to Austria, one of my favourite places in the world.



Right after that, I attended the wedding of Marketa and Rahul in the Czech Republic.  The whirlwind trip where I travelled so much to stay 24h exactly.

with the beautiful bride

On the unending theme of weddings, it was wedding prep in full force again, this time for Singapore.  On Sunday 8th September.


In October I celebrated my 31st birthday in style with my loved ones here on this side of the world


and doing what I like too!  Pamper session at Jo Malone.


Went for a macaroon baking class in November.  I wish I can say I'm a pro now but sadly I think I have  already forgotten how to make them :(



And of course in December was the most recent trip to visit my German family where I was so mesmerised by the two boys, Sammy and Gabriel



As we unwind down for the year, I truly thank God for such a memorable year.  At times it felt impossible to do so much but by His grace, He brought me through it all that I can say with confidence "All glory to Him!"

As we usher in the new year, I pray that it would be our best year yet.  I pray for good health - soul prosperity - for us and our loved ones back home.  I pray for His peace and joy.  I thank God knowing that He has gone before me as I continue to rely on His wisdom and favour every day.

"For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favour You will surround him as with a shield." -- Psalm 5:12

And lastly, I pray that I will continue to live a life shining for Jesus. :)

"But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day." -- Proverbs 4:18

What are your thoughts and prayers for 2014?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f