Skip to main content

Come Dine with Jan & Kine

We had our second instalment of our "Come Dine with Me" series, this time with Jan and Kine.  Like the Geesons, they sent their menu out a week before the dinner date and I have to say whoa it looks equally impressive.


K and I spent the afternoon painting our bedroom at our new place and so we were admittedly quite late for dinner.  I was fretting about like a mad woman but thankfully they were nice enough and felt bad that we were doing work beforehand so once we arrived, everything was fine.  Jan was busy preparing the food and Kine was busy serving drinks.  How interesting it is that so far, both chefs are the guys!  Hmm.. I think when it comes to mine and K's turn, I will be the chef and he can be the butler. lol

We didn't take too many photos that night, only two to share.  Shows you how good the food is that we forgot about photos.  And great, we found out that Jan used to work in a restaurant and learnt some good tips.  Unfair advantage we all say! ;)


The girls

The host couple squeezed at one end of the table

Rahul had a last minute work trip to China and so he missed our dinner.  Marketa came and represented them, even voting on Rahul's behalf.  Hmm… fair play?  Dinner was delicious, some of us asked for second helping.  Everything was home cooked, right to the brownies and special sauce using Kine's mom's recipe.  I was glad that once again, the couples could come together and enjoy a meal together laughing, eating, chatting, drinking.

I think everyone is stepping up the game.  K was joking saying "guys, chill!  The prize isn't that amazing you know."  That's cos he thinks we will get the lowest points.  I think each team has so far shown tremendous spirit in showing their best.  In the true blue Singaporean spirit, here goes...We cannot lose too!  Ahem here comes the kiasu Singaporeans.

So one month later it's Come Dine with the Ong's.  I've been thinking long and hard about it, to the point of seeking advice from my unofficial shifu Pris over Christmas.  It was quite funny, she asked me about it having read it on my blog and I asked her for ideas!  Yes Pris, I will stick to that same idea we spoke about.  Just wondering now what we can serve for dessert though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f