Skip to main content

… and we have our winners!

Saturday night was our much anticipated finale night of our Come Dine with Me mini series.  It was to be held at the Ghosh's residence all the way in (posh) Maida Vale, starting at 730pm.

Finale night!

Before that…

I think our house is slowly coming together.  Just 2 weeks ago I asked K "Do you feel at home in this place?"  And truthfully both of us said "no".  "It's too cold, I miss the warmth of our apartment.." K said.  For me, everything is so foreign, yes agree about the coldness, and not having a bed didn't help either.  I was lucky that I could work from home last Thursday to welcome the arrival of… our bed!  We ordered it on 1st December 2013 and can you believe how long it took for the man to make the bed?  We were told he is a perfectionist and will settle for no less.. hence the looooong wait.

Unglam but I say cute photo of us with our heart shaped pillow.  Finally we are no longer sleeping on our mattress on the cold floor - hurrah to that!

We also decided to explore our high street on Saturday morning.  Not bad at all, we were surprised to find a big M&S store which we bought some snacks, and I picked up this beautiful bouquet of pale pink roses...

 

In the afternoon, K and I entertained some friends over at our place where I made the same mango sago dessert.  I am getting better at this now!  Even bought a small blender last week to make it easier.. I think I am gonna start making our own fresh fruit juices or smoothies.  To a healthier life!

-------

7.30pm - Tonight has been highly anticipated amongst the 4 teams, with most of us commenting it IS really hard to vote since each team did really really well.  Looking back, it is tough to be the first team because there is no basis for comparison and you pretty much set the bar for the rest to raise it higher than you.  For that, sorry Geesons!

Arriving at the Ghosh's residence.  Waiting for the Geesons to arrive.

And dinner was served.

Fresh avocado salad (super nice for someone who is not very keen on avocados) with fresh figs (nor figs)

Chicken curry, North Indian style

Group shot before we tucked in

After dinner, the boys were keen to play poker, led by Rahul whilst the girls watched on cheering on their man :)  Marketa was the pro amongst us girls so she played too.


Finally it was getting late (time check for train schedule!) and so we decided to start the voting process!!  *fingernail biting moment of truth*

Marketa counting the votes with Ben checking as you can see!

And the team who received the most votes were *drumroll*

Kine and Jan!!

Much applause and they were presented the prize money.  We all agreed that since each team would have spent substantial money on the food already, the prize money would be a GBP5 contribution per person - that makes GBP40 and the winning team has to buy something nice for the kitchen.  Everyone praised the other teams because it has been a tough competition no doubt we have some good cooks amongst us.  More so, we all managed to celebrate our kingdom friendships and got to know one another better in the process.  Even within each couple as Marketa mentioned, for teamwork is needed.

Not too bad news is… the Ong's came in second!!  With the Ghosh's coming with one point difference to be in the 3rd place.  Followed by the Geesons.  Very close points!

Now that this is over, we are starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms.  Gotta start to plan what's next… maybe not food related.. and Marketa suggested going for a walk in the country when the weather gets warmer.  Think we shall do just that :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f