Skip to main content

Czech out our girly trip! (Part 2)

Before my Czech holiday becomes a sweet distant memory, I reckon I should quickly blog about it.  It is looking to be a busy summer with some trips planned.  That's what I tell myself - it might be my last summer here so must make the best out of it!  Since getting married and buying our own place, life has become more settled and weekend trips are not as frequent anymore.  Maybe it's age too; I can't do the out-Friday-night-back-Sunday-late-night anymore.  Trips now need to be taken slowly, relaxing… slow strolls, rushing from place to place?  No thanks.  The only hurrying I will do is to hurry to a cafe or restaurant to sit down and have something nice to eat.

Back to the Czech Republic…

Cesky Krumlov

In the summer house

So when we opened our eyes at the summer house on that beautiful Saturday morning, it was bright sunshine everywhere.  The house didn't seem as cold anymore.  Outside was boiling and indoors was a constant air-con temperatures.  There were loads of houseflies buzzing outside the house.  It was hot and dry.  How interesting that the house was so cooling and outside was a complete different picture - in fact reminded me of Singapore!


Marketa had planned the whole itinerary and she even woke up early to prepare breakfast for us (yes from her dad's two full crates of food for us).  We sat outside on the terrace and had a nice breakfast.  To the sounds of the distant farmer mowing his grass - the constant whirring of the blades.  After breakfast, us girls being girls, we took some time to get ready and Marketa drove us down to the famous town of Cesky Krumlov, which is also a UNESCO Heritage site.  This little enchanting town is so beautiful that interestingly, it is our wedding photographer Douglas Fun's favourite wedding destination.  I have no idea how did he choose this place all the way from Singapore and has been there so many times I joked to him saying he can be the Czech ambassador.  Marketa's brother Antonin (yes Antonin Dvorak V) turned up suddenly to meet us, giving us a surprise.  He brought Marketa some birthday flowers, so sweet of him!  We went to a Czech medieval restaurant for lunch, sampling some traditional Czech food.  Everywhere we went we were so warm that an ice cold beer or an iced cold coke was very tempting.  (And then doing many toilet runs between us 4 girls it was hilarious).

Amazing view

In the gardens just when we arrived



We walked a lot and I bought a painting of Cesky Krumlov for my house thanks to Gabby's recommendation.  We took lots of photos and finally we had to head back.  I think I haven't felt this sweaty in a very long time.  Marketa's dad apparently was at the summer house preparing dinner for us.  And we were told there would be a Mexican party at that village pub that night.  We were quite excited to go and say hi to our new friends.  This is the only place where the villagers gather apparently.  So village pub doubles as the village hall!

Dinner was indeed prepared and we sat out on the deck with dad and his girlfriend.  And their dog Bara!  As the sun went down, the temperatures immediately turned chilly and soon we needed to wrap ourselves in blankets.  How bizarre that just hours ago we had to have some iced cold drinks.


Lunch time

Ice cream after lunch

We chatted till about 10pm and a check at the village pub next door kinda signalled that there was no Mexican party, in fact it was so quiet.  :( After a long day, we all decided to call it a night.

Sunday noon we left the summer house with our luggages where Marketa would drive us back to Budvar to meet her mom for a drink, before we take the 2.5h bus ride back to Prague and then to the airport for our flight.  We didn't do much to be honest, just a lot of travelling.  We said goodbye to her parents separately and then it's the start of our journey back to London.

What a great short trip to the beautiful Prague and experiencing life in the Sumava mountains.

 





A very old telephone box

Siblings :)

With M's dad

On the terrace winding down for the day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f