Skip to main content

Another year older… another year wiser


Growing up, I never really thought much about being in my 30s.  I still remember celebrating my 30th 2 years ago.  And then I turned 31 last year.  Maybe soon I will stop mentioning how old am I.  Age seems like a secret for women anyway.

Like what K said, I have planned my birthday weekend really well.  On hindsight, I think I did!

I was supposed to meet my girl friends for afternoon tea somewhere in town.  And then I suddenly had a great idea - to do it at M's place!  We could eat as much as we want, drink as much as we want, and laze around as much as we want!  Plus her place is stunning; I would love so much to have it there.  Shamelessly I asked and she agreed!  I bought the sandwiches and cakes, and the other girls brought other food and drinks.

Gabby even bought a small cupcake for me with a little carved candle.
They sang Happy Birthday and I was on cloud nine, grinning the whole time.

The spread




Lazed around… wrapping ourselves in blankets

After an enjoyable afternoon I went to Covent Garden to meet the hubby for a quick dinner, followed by a musical at Drury Lane - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  It was surprisingly good!  In fact, it is my top 3 musicals.. almost as good as the Lion King!  Two thumbs up.

The hubby got me a bunch of roses

Just because the weekend is far from over… M also invited K and I to stay over at their place after the show.  It felt like a little weekend getaway which felt awesome.

But before that, K suggested going to Chinatown for some late night desserts.



When we awoke on Sunday morning, M and R decided to bring us for brunch.  Being mindful of my birthday lunch with K later at 1pm, I was concerned at eating too much at brunch.. Guess what - we both ended up ordering a full portion of french toast each with rich maple syrup drizzled on the french toast.

Brunch at the Summer House

We finished brunch at 12.15pm where we went home, and then R dropped us at the tube station with my presents and our overnight bag.  We found our way to Grosvenor Square where Maze by Gordon Ramsey is.  This is an Asian fusion restaurant and they did a lunch set menu which was good for its price.  We ate a 4 course meal each that came with a complimentary drink.  4 courses meaning 4 small bites, like little tapas plates.




Just before lunch

4th course

After lunch
Outside the restaurant

After lunch we decided to have a little walk, though it was a bit chilly.  We walked through a park, through autumn leaves.  And then roamed through some streets on the way to Green Park station.  We admired the architecture and some interesting shop fronts.  Really enjoyable and I wish we can do such little exploration walks in London more often.

A walk in the park where you see autumn leaves

Some sights along the way







And finally (yes finally), K sang me a happy birthday and presented me this slice of strawberry cake with loads of mangos on the side at night after dinner.

Blessed Bel

What a wonderful weekend it has been.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f