Skip to main content

What have we been up to...

… back to Singapore!

This has been a very short trip, and is also our first time home as a married couple.  I was rather worried initially because for once we needed to plan "our schedule", as there were many meet ups and gatherings for us, and we also needed to spend time with both our families, not to mention my usual meet ups with my group of close friends.  Planning our combined schedule might sound incredulous but it was certainly very useful as we found out.

There were a few reasons why we chose to go back during this time.  We wanted to attend the wedding of our best man Chun Lei and his wife Deborah; we wanted to visit my baby niece (7 weeks old!); I wanted to see my brother after his cycling accident (where I think it's fair to say was a "life and death" event- all glory to Jesus who saved his life so he can be here today to see his baby girl).  I was also glad we had time to meet up with Cynthia and Neo just before they left for Sydney.  (Congratulations again - we want to see baby Isaac's photos once he is born!)

If you notice, in my last few trips, I have learnt to value meet ups by the quality of time spent catching up and hence I have not focussed on taking much photos.  I have also learnt to narrow down core friends/ groups of friends.  With such a time constrained trip as this (9 days), I couldn't meet up with more friends, as much as I would love to.  I have this nagging guilt within me, especially those who made time to attend our wedding dinner last September, and I haven't arranged to meet them when I come back for a visit.  Eek!  Like what we learn in Economics… time is a scarce resource!

Keeping this in mind, right the day I touched down, I went to visit my grandma where I had home cooked lunch, before rushing down to my dad's to meet my baby niece for the first time.

Everyone meet the adorable x100 baby… Sarah Zoe Goh!

First time carrying her but she looked pretty zoned out.
She was trying to sleep but I think my arrival woke her up.  Oops.

"ahh…I want to sleep.."

My other meet ups include one with Min and Mimi.  Min brought her little girl Charis who was energetic like all kids her age, but very well behaved.  She sat with us for more than 2h without kicking up a real fuss!  Impressive.



Charis doing her signature pose

Smile Charis, smile!

On Sunday evening we dressed up to attend Chun Lei and Deborah's wedding at the Fullerton Hotel.  I thought the food was really yummy.  After dinner, the couple kindly arranged a drinks session for overseas guests which K and I qualified haha.  Chun Lei booked the music room and there we met a group of foreigners who flew in to attend their wedding dinner.  It was quite funny since we are Singaporeans, but I guess since we flew back to coincide with their wedding dinner, we are overseas guests indeed!  Guess what, we didn't even take a photo with the couple.  Well, will wait for the official ones to come out from Douglas Fun (yes they contacted him after seeing our pics last year!).


So nice to see Angie and Jeremy again.
In fact we visited them the night before and didn't leave till midnight!

One special visit I wanted to make was to visit Ela, Vik and their baby Leo.  I was close to Ela here in London.  We were in the same department and sat close to each other.  It's also them who gave us our TV console before they moved to Singapore!  hehe

Now they are in sunny Singapore, and staying in Sentosa!  I don't know anyone who stays in Sentosa, plus looking around their neighbourhood, it didn't feel much like Singapore.  I felt like I was in some foreign land with coconut trees swaying in the wind and vast blue waters behind.  Huh this is Singapore?



There were many seriously huge houses along the beach front, so much so that we had to take a photo.
Ela teased saying we can tell people this is our house.  Yeah right haha

Sun setting on the marina

Another sunset shot

Still can't believe this is Singapore

I met their little boy Leo :)



Followed by more eating and meet ups… finally it was farewell dim sum lunch with my family two days before I left.  I didn't want to put my baby niece down and so it's quite funny if you see the photo below.  It looks like I'm carrying my own baby haha.  And my brother looks so young carrying a backpack.  He is the real papa.  And Denise in the white dress is the super momma.


Yes yes I still didn't want to put Sarah down

Farewell kiss from Auntie Bel!

With my papa where he gave us a farewell angbao each

Overall it was a very hectic trip if I be honest.  We were rushing from place to place, eating from place to place, and cabbing if K was not driving.  Thank God the jet lag was minimal for both of us.  "A very compact trip" is how I'd describe it.

Now back in London getting over jet lag, and getting ready to go to work tomorrow.  So.not.looking.forward.to.go.back.to.work is all I can say at this point in time.

Comments

jellybeano said…
Have one of your own soon! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f