Skip to main content

{1} Love Autumn | Tree Hunting in Surrey

One of the highly kept secrets (well at least to my family) to the reason why we went to Surrey three weekends ago was partly to see Godalming… but the main reason was to do an autumn shoot.  Together with my love, against the beautiful backdrop of fall colours… this is something which I've been meaning to do!  And now that it's the perfect season to do it, I figured I had better do it this autumn otherwise I need to wait for another year.  After much persuasion, K finally agreed and went along with this crazy idea (Gabby told me "omg he's an angel!").

I did some research before our trip to Singapore on who we could get to do it and finally settled for Hajley whom we originally engaged to do our wedding photography.  She later passed on our "assignment" to her associate Ben who did a fantastic job.  Being repeat clients, she agreed to give us a really good price this time - hallelujah!

After roaming about Godalming that beautiful Saturday afternoon, we picked Haj up from the train station at 3pm and off we went!  This place in Surrey is stunning, and comes highly recommended by Jixian.  It's not big though, he told us it was probably the size of Hyde Park in London.

So we just received our heart shaped USB drive full of pictures and we were very pleased with how the photos turned out.  Even K agreed so!  I am so, so glad we did it because these are memories built to last.  My brother commented it's like engagement shoot take 2 which I can't deny ;)

I can't pick my fav because I love all of them.  Here are some of my top choices and a little recap of that afternoon...

With this view to start with, we knew we struck gold with the location

We took loads of photos that afternoon and were pretty much tree hunting for the 2h we were there, looking for beautiful trees to take pics at.  Turned out there were so many beautiful trees that we just went from one to another, until we realised time was running out because the sun was about to set in no time.

A painting in front of our eyes.  How wonderful is God's creation?
His colour scheme for autumn is just perfect.

We took a map of the place and started with the lake house, the main attraction

We had to wait for a while for the crowd to dissipate before we could take these few shots

At the lake house
A fuzzy nose rub

I was ambitiously wearing heeled boots but gave up halfway cos it was pretty slippery from the rain the day before

By the lake


Looks like a wheat field but it wasn't

Red + Green + Yellow all in one.  We took loads in front of this tree.

Loving the colours here.  This was a massive tree with lots of yellow leaves scattered on the ground.

Haj was looking all round for the perfect tree log for us to sit down on

This felt like walking into a painting.  Dreamy sigh.

We were chasing the sunset.  Love the sun's rays on this one.
And then Haj said "it's a wrap!"

Comments

Evelyn said…
Wow so nice the sceneries, love all the photos😊
God's creation- so beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f