Skip to main content

Birthday Weekend

Gosh work has been so busy.  If you follow news of earnings releases, banks have started publishing their third quarter results and I have been so busy trying to come up with the "storyline" for the investment bank that I am in since the last week of September.  Being my first time learning and doing this process, it has been both frustrating and fulfilling.  Ok maybe more the former at this point in time.  I've been told that whatever I write will be published as our headline when we announce our earnings so I am looking forward to that.  Might well cut down the newspaper clipping!  So much hard work involved I tell you - I can't wait for it to be published.

A timely surprise from my family back home - a birthday collage and some developed photos of my family.

I had an amazing birthday weekend 3 weekends ago (has it been this long?!).  Hubby K was so nice to bring me to Leeds Castle to spend the afternoon in Kent, followed by a nice dinner with some close friends at Goodman Steakhouse in Mayfair.

It was a nice warm day at Leeds Castle

We bought some salad and sat on a bench to this view.  And our little friend was standing there patiently waiting for us to throw food towards it.

Feeding the swan

Red, orange, green all in one

Roaming peacocks!  There is a reason for the phrase "proud as peacocks".
They couldn't care less when K tried to throw them some food but continued strutting around.



You can see he is thoroughly enjoying feeding all the birds that afternoon

We spent some time feeding the birds and walked on the castle grounds which was definitely nicer than being in the castle itself.  There was a lake, gardens, a maze (which got us both so confused) and just so much outdoor space.  Considering this place is in the middle of nowhere, there were loads of people that afternoon.

Love you!

 ~~~~~~~~~

We got home, rested for about an hour before going into central London.  Everyone has been raving about how good the steaks are in Goodman.  Although I've been there once before with work, I didn't really remember much as it was a few years ago.  Definitely prefer to be amongst friends than work colleagues!




 Overall verdict?  Amazing food.  Highly recommended.  BURP!


To complete my gastronomical weekend, I met up with my girl friends for dim sum lunch the next day at Hakkasan, also in Mayfair.  The last time we were here was also for my birthday, two years ago.  The dim sum here is delicately made, really fresh and all of us love it.  There is a reason why they have a Michelin star.. mmmm… yum yum.

Marketa bought some props for us to take photos with.
Gabby was like "Am I looking in the right direction?!" lol




Sarah baked some birthday cupcakes for me

And a surprise from Hakkasan!

Group shot



Thank you to everyone who sent me birthday texts and posted wishes on my Facebook wall.  It was a happy birthday indeed!  One year older, one year wiser hey?

Happy Bel even though I had to work on my actual birthday the next day

Comments

Weifen said…
Happy belated birthday Bel! looks like u had a fun filled and yummy time!
Belinda G. said…
Thank you Weifen!

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f