Skip to main content

Happy 3rd Wedding Anniversary, my love

Before I blog about the shocking Brexit results or even our mini Italian getaway from the Brexit chaos, yesterday was our third wedding anniversary! *cue celebratory music*


I still look back on 29th June 2013 fondly, secretly wishing I could relive that day (and buy better quality sky lanterns for that matter!).




To honour this special day, I shall endeavour to do a "10 things I love about you".  

Please excuse the mush.

1) How you make me laugh - this I have to rate as top of the list because you really do make me laugh and that definitely makes life less boring.  You always crack me up when you do an impersonation of a posh English gentleman.

2) How easy-going you are but knowing when to make a decisive decision.  You are easy on small everyday decisions such as what to have for dinner, or what to do this weekend.  In fact you always forget what we had planned to do this/ next weekend and so now whenever friends want to ask us out, they will contact me directly like I hold the pen to our calendar.  However when it comes to bigger decisions especially when finances are involved, you somehow always know what to do.

3) How we work well as team B&K (some friends call us team Burger King esp K loves burgers).
3 years later, it's still pretty the same.  I take care of food (groceries, what to cook for the coming week), and yes my love-hate relationship with the weekly laundry.  You finally remember I don't eat lamb and have gradually stopped trying to put a packet of lamb chops into our shopping basket.
You are still the one who ensures our bills are paid on time and things we call "life admin" (which I really dislike doing btw).

4) How we can annoy each other but make up almost immediately because one of us will start to laugh about it.  Because seriously, how long can you be angry with each other for?

5) Our love for travel (ok, less travel as we get older) and I appreciate how you, my favourite traveling companion double up as the tourist driver who also triples as the map reader.

6) Your superb driving skills especially U turns and 3 point turns - because quite often the wrong road is taken and we laugh about it - well mostly if we are not in a rush and hard pressed for time.

7) You are the techie geek in our household - ensuring the wifi works (very important!), and introducing me to Google Chromecast so we can stop squinting our eyes on the small laptop screen.  We both love the TV drama Blacklist - it's always nice to be able to discuss a show with someone.  Sorry I can't do the same for you with Game of Thrones.  You laughed at me for watching Descendants of the Sun but you made a point to find out what the show is about (ok maybe I drilled it into you) and I thought it was endearing when you were describing to our friends what my obsession then was all about in detail - much to their amazement.

8) Your cooking skills and how it has improved leaps and bounds since we met.  To the extent that these days we both agree there can be no two cooks in the kitchen at the same time.  We can't help but attempt to do (what we call) constructive criticisms on each other and annoy each other so much lol. "Nooo, the fire is too strong!  Later the chicken meat will not be tender!" "What?  Just a drop of oil in the big wok?  No, let me pour more for you." "Ok fine, I go to the living room.  Do your best ok!"
And of course at the dinner table, sometimes it continues... "see lah I told you earlier..." lol both guilty as charged.

9) How you appreciate me in simple things.  One of your languages of love is words of affirmation and I love how you do it to me in return.  Thanking me for simple things like cooking dinner (on good days where #8 above doesn't happen) and constantly rating my top 5 dishes.  Don't we love it when husbands love our cooking? :)

10) Life has it's ups and downs.  I love how you are always there, being my pillar of strength in times of difficulties; even when we can't do anything to change the situation, you just being there is a great source of comfort.


I once read somewhere that described marriage as a dance.

 

Married life is like watching two people dance gracefully and intimately. When I look at marriage life, it is a lot like dancing to me. One must lead the dance. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is becomes uncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other. In real dancing, most of the time, it is the gentleman who leads. But in the dance of life called “marriage”, the husband and wife take turns in leading the dance. And if both husband and wife learn the art of allowing each other lead or take turns in leading, it becomes a happy dance of marriage. 


Happy wedding anniversary, my love.  Here's to 3 and many, many more xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f