Skip to main content

Hello, Autumn

Ah I hope you aren't too tired of me gushing over how beautiful autumn is.  I took some photos of our garden during the foggy weekend and thought I'd share with you.


Looking over into our neighbour Keith's garden.  I took this from the second floor.



This is quite fascinating although I'm not sure I should be glad seeing this.  I suspect this is weaved by garden slugs because we have seen quite a lot of them this summer!  Of course I squeal and ask K to remove the slugs whenever I see them, much to his annoyance because he's not too fussed.  We think that because it's cold, they weave this to stay warm beneath it, and I see patches of these intricate patterns in quite a few places.


Our gardener Daniel came over yesterday and cleared all the fallen leaves, and he assured me there would be more leaves the next time he returns.  K and I bought some bulbs (daffodils, hyacinths, tulips) to plant for Spring and Daniel and I planted them together yesterday.  Fingers crossed for a colourful Spring!

Daniel pruned down our rose plants and here is the last batch of roses from our front garden.
Goodbye roses, see you next Spring

What I learnt from Daniel on the rose plants are that we should prune them down quite a lot to get them ready for winter so they can conserve as much energy and then grow back stronger, taller when spring comes.  And more flowers.

For some reason I have been thinking about what he said.  I think it relates to life too isn't it?  We get 'pruned' and then a tough season (winter) sets in but soon after your spring comes (and we need to remember spring WILL come), you emerge stronger, stand taller and flourish in life.  Well that's my prayer for me and K.

~~~~~~~

Swanley Park

K loves Swanley Park which we went to the weekend before and decided to drive us there for an after lunch stroll in the park.

There were so many leaves and I picked some home :)

The park still as pretty



The sun peeked out for a bit and I managed to get this pic

It was really cold due to the Arctic blast and we couldn't last more than 30min in the open.  We drove home and debated if we should drive out to Blackheath to view the fireworks that evening as it was Guy Fawkes night.  Alas, we decided not to due to the temperatures.  What did we do?  We changed into our PJs and snuggled under a blanket each watching X Factor on the telly.


Please ignore my towel hanging over the radiator haha.. but it does help dry SO much faster!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f