Skip to main content

Hello, May

Gosh these days I don't seem to have time to blog.  Hubby K was away for a while and I'm so glad that he's back now and I have some company!  We are now renting a small but comfortable room from a friend R not too far from our house.  We even have a fireplace in our room!  Might post some pictures of it when we tidy up the mess.  Currently we have stuff all over the desk and the (limited) floor space.  That said, I ain't complaining.  Staying with R brings back memories of my flat sharing days.  We take turns to cook, clean up and bring out the trash.  It takes a little bit to get used to, as this isn't my own place anymore and so we are a little cautious when it comes to using the common areas especially the kitchen.



I thought we needed to take a break from the house renovations and suggested us driving out into Kent in search of some bluebells.  These delicate purple flowers are in season now and I yearn to walk into - like what they say - a carpet of bluebells.  We drove out to our new favourite English pub called The Lion in the tiny village of Farningham about 20min away, and had a really good pub lunch.  It's by a little river and there isn't anything else on the high street save for a butcher, an Indian takeaway and two pubs.

too excited over his duck leg

typical British pub classic - fish n chips

After lunch I did a quick google of where we could find bluebells in Kent and the nearest place from us was Emmett's Garden in Sevenoaks.  It was showing about a 20min drive which sounded near enough.  And so we went.

 We arrived around 4pm which gave us a good hour to walk in the gardens before they closed.

Tulips

The field which gives a really good view of the distant village



Flowers in red and pink

Love this field of tulips




Ooh I simply love this plant with huge pink flowers



We walked around and admired our surroundings.  There were families with kids running around, old couples sitting on benches.  And then we arrived at the bluebell bank and I was swept away by the countless bluebells in front of me.  What a stunning sight to behold!  Everyone walked in awe silently, and armed with cameras in hand, people were clicking away non stop.  Alas both our phones were running out of batteries fast and so I managed to take a few.




A close up of these delicate flowers





So glad we discovered Emmett's Gardens.  It's going up on my 'to return' list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f