Skip to main content

Nesting | the most wonderful time of the year

*cue Christmas carols in the background

*cue some snow

I thought I'd be blogging much often now that I'm nesting at home, and taking it (very) easy.  Concerned friends have been texting me asking if I have any news yet and for that, I am very thankful for the love and concern, especially from back home.  K is very envious of my life these past two weeks.  Well at least until the baby arrives.

I do wake up when K wakes up at 730am, sometimes taking a toilet break.  He kisses me goodbye and leaves for the 7.46am train.  Sometimes I will check my phone for overnight WhatsApp messages, or scroll through social media until my eyelids feel heavy again and I doze off, waking up around 10am.  (Does anyone else agree with me the dozing off feeling is the best?!)  I will slowly waddle to the kitchen to make breakfast (some toast and a cup of tea, or some breakfast cereals and a cup of tea) and put on the radio or Christmas songs.  Oh did I tell you we got Amazon's Alexa recently and so yes I've been 'talking' to Alexa, asking her to play loads of Christmas songs.

The weather seems to be warming up this week so sadly, no white Christmas for me - yet again.  Pretty sure it will snow in Stuttgart this Christmas since I'm not there!  This year is probably the most chilled out Christmas for us, in the sense that we have made no plans whatsoever!  Last weekend I told K it might be a good idea to stock up our fridge, and also get a small Christmas turkey crown from M&S and freeze it, so at least we can have a nice Christmas meal, just us.  No Christmas tree either this year, I suspect we are getting too lazy on that front, so I've just brought out the usual decor for our fireplace mantlepiece.

However we still did manage to get some friends round a couple of weeks ago over, for our annual Christmas dinner party.  I had requested a potluck this time because I don't think I have the energy to cook for 10 people and everyone kindly agreed to bring some food.

Here are some pics!




Lots of canapés 

We reckon this will be a smart kid in future having parents who are a lawyer and a doctor

Our lovely friend Rachel who has helped us in so many ways this year

Lolly making himself comfortable in our armchair



Rachel making ghluwein... ahh I do miss having some!

JX's mum made this oxtail soup which was out of this world.  Best dish of the night!

Dinner table

Back to my nesting life...

I prepare lunch around 1-ish and watch some Netflix.  Somehow time passes pretty quickly whilst pottering around the house and I take a nap around 4ish.  K's request for me is to have a wonderful dinner every night, which to be fair, I do try to cook something nice since I have the luxury of time now.  So far he has been very impressed and happy with the dinner laid on the table when he's home. We now both fight to be the stay at home parent because I think I could get used to life like this, and he thinks he can too! lol

You'll find me in this position after dinner

Thanks to K, I've broken the rule of no food in bed.  He insists on making it up by giving each of us a towel each so we don't dirty the bed.. hmm
And I never used to like Magnum either!

Dinner the other night - smoked mackerel with steamed egg and fried choi sum

Never thought I'd enjoy a snack like this before - hummus with cucumber and pepper sticks, and a tomato.
I felt very healthy afterwards lol

My lunch the other day - pan fried sea bream with spinach and tomatoes


Comments

jellybeano said…
Wait till the baby comes!both of you willing get to go back to work! ;) Is anyone coming to help you when the baby is born?
Belinda G. said…
haha is it that bad? Life isn't that bad now :)
Yes one of my aunts is coming early January to help out!

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f