Skip to main content

Dear Isabelle | 9 months



Dearest Isabelle

Tomorrow you turn 9 months old and I feel compelled to write this blog post in a letter to you.  You have developed much more in the past one month.  You are such a happy baby and spending my 24/7 with you does not feel like a chore.  Mummy admits that the first few months with you were challenging, especially coping with your sleeping habits.  Today I found myself observing you while you played quietly and my heart swelled with pride and felt so glad you are ours, baby girl.  How far we have come!


Daddy and mummy are so proud of your ability to self settle and sleep by yourself that we have been wow-ing our friends with how good you are.  When we wake you up from your naps, you do not fuss, but rather flip over and get up almost immediately.  You stand up in your cot and show us your happy smile.  You are really a cheerful baby - you know that, don't you?  Oh and that ability to put the dummy back in your mouth is pretty impressive at your age.

Just woke you up here and you immediately stood up waiting for mummy to carry you out

You continue to crawl at an amazing speed. You do squats - stand and sit on repeat.  You stand in your playpen and peek at what's happening outside.  You have boundless energy and I'm finding it a bit tough keeping up with you baby girl.  Today in your play pen, I noticed that you kept choosing story books over your other toys.  You stared at the books in your hands, you tried to open them and if you didn't manage to, you just marveled at the covers.  It was adorable.  Does it mean you love reading in the future?  I can only wonder.






Boy do you love nursery rhymes.  On the TV that is.  When I hold the TV remote in my hand your head automatically turns to the TV and you wait with bated breath.  When you see your fav nursery rhymes come on you squeal in delight and I can see that glimmer in your eyes.  From that minute on you are hooked.  You stop playing, stop moving and just watch with your big round eyes.  It allows me to do some cooking or have my lunch, although mummy is starting to wonder if I am setting some  unhealthy precedent here.


Teaching you how to brush your teeth

The biggest challenge we face now is when we change your diapers.  Truthfully it is not big a challenge compared to your previous sleeping habit.  You wriggle your bum so much, and more often than not, you just flip and crawl away butt naked!  Daddy can't handle this diaper changing thing on his own, and so mummy will have to distract you by singing a few of your fav nursery rhymes, or chuck a toy or two in your face, literally to stop you from flipping over and crawling away.  However it is a real challenge when mummy is home alone with you, so I've been trying all means and ways to distract you.  Mummy secretly hopes she is losing weight by chasing you all over the room.

Trying to pin you down for your bath time here.  You were so happy crawling away in your diapers and then you found your dummy.

Daddy bought you a second hand walker but you don't really know how to use it yet.  For now you love pressing the different buttons to hear the music.

We had a mid autumn celebration at our home and we invited some friends over.  Although you didn't really understand what was going on, it was your first lantern nonetheless.  Daddy was super excited and couldn't wait to light one for you.  Next year baby girl, you will be able to hold one yourself and walk around carrying it.


Were you mesmerised by the candlelight?

These days I feel like you have already transitioned into a toddler.  Maybe it's because you are growing really tall and bringing you out now, you sit comfortably in baby chairs whilst eating solids. Therein lies a feeling within me of wanting to slow time down.  I mean, where has that small baby gone to?  It always feels nostalgic when mummy has to pack away your clothes because you can't fit into them anymore.  You are getting chubbier these days it seems.  I've noticed that you have some permanent 'bracelets' and 'anklets'.  Those folds!  Gotta pry them open when cleaning you!

Always so curious

Standing up so steadily.  You love hovering around mummy's side table cos there is always so much stuff on it!  Magazines, receipts, phone, hand cream,... :/

Happy 9 months old, our beloved baby.  Continue to grow well.  Mummy and daddy love you more than words could say.  So glad you are ours.


xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f