Skip to main content

Izzy goes to school

Hi everyone, it's Izzy here!  Mummy thought it would be fun to have me write this latest blog post.  It is a huge milestone for me and so I think it's apt that I do it myself.  So what happened two Mondays ago was that it was my first day of school!  This has been in the works for a while, as I knew that mummy was applying for me to get into a preschool around our home.  Due to Covid, a few of my close aged friends have moved out of London, and so I've lost friends my age to play with at the childminder's.  I love going to my childminder's playing with my two friends Alex and Ryan, but that's about it.  The rest are much younger than me.  I guess they think that my inquisitive mind at this tender age of 3 needs to be satisfied!  I'm so ready to learn you know?

By God's grace, somehow I got offered a space at a Christian primary school near us.  They are one of the few that have a nursery class for kids aged 3-4 which I fit the bill perfectly.  Plus, it's the best school around here - a double yay to that!  I was due to start officially this coming September, but they had an open space for me for the term starting post Easter and mummy agreed to take up the spot for me.  They kept explaining to me that I'll be going to school soon.  On some days I feel like I'm ready and I say ok.  But on some days the concept scares me and I tell mummy "I wanna stay at home.  I don't want to go to school."

Kissing Sophia goodbye

Mummy on the other hand, has been quite excited buying my uniform and school shoes.  She says I need to look smart.  We made a quick trip to the school for a short orientation where I met my teacher and her two teaching assistants.  Miss Andrews even prepared my peg ready for me - my photo was above a clothes peg, ready to hang my bag and jacket/coat when I start!  Wow I was pretty excited then and told daddy I couldn't wait to go to school.  Miss Andrews looked like a kind teacher and I liked her already.

The day soon arrived and I could sense both daddy and mummy were very excited.  They prepared my bag for me and mummy even had a mini photoshoot at our front door, with my favourite soft toys in a row, wishing me good luck for school.  Gabriel couldn't understand and kept wanting to leave the house with me.  You are too young to go to school Gabriel!  Daddy dropped me off at school and even snapped a pic of me in front of the school building.  He looked so proud of me.  Was that a tiny tear that he blinked away? Miss Andrews came out to greet us and daddy handed me over to her.  Suddenly I realised that I would be alone, facing a class of 25 new strangers and it was so scary!  I teared a bit but held back.  I simply observed throughout the whole lesson and followed Miss Andrews closely.  I didn't use the bathroom or eat any of the fruits given to us.  This new environment and the new faces made me really uncomfortable and intimidated.

My class finally ended after 3 hours, and I saw parents queueing up outside our classroom, ready to pick us up.  Miss Andrews stood at the door and asked each mummy or daddy for the name and she would come in to get us.  Mummy was 3rd in line - yay!  When I saw her, I blinked away some tears and quickly ran toward her for a hug.  Miss Andrews told mummy that I teared up a bit during class but did really well and was really brave.  We waved bye to Miss Andrews and she said "see you tomorrow Isabelle!"  You mean I am coming back tomorrow??  I am not so sure I like that...

Comments

Doreen said…
Hi Isabelle, Thank you for updating us. O you look so smart and so grown up in the school uniform. This school is much different from the child minder’s. Yes I agree with you that it’s a bit scary on your first day. But cheer up! Be brave! You are a.brave girl as you always said. Soon you will be playing happily with them and you will say I have many friends and they are my best friends.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😘😘😘
Belinda G. said…
hi grandaunt! Yes I am a brave girl. I love going to school now! I have many friends to play with.
- Isabelle
Doreen said…
Hi Izzy, I am so happy to hear that you got many friends to play with. Good! Keep it up. know you are going to learn many new things in school. You learnt very fast and you are such a brilliant girl. Happy learning.😘😘😘

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilee Weekend | Afternoon Tea Party

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/ Today is the end of the Jubilee celebrations and how better to end it off than to have an afternoon tea party in the company of friends, while watching the celebrations on our TV.  It has been quite an emotional afternoon, in the good sense of course.  I don't think I've ever seen Queen Elizabeth on TV (and heard the national anthem God Save the Queen) more than these 3 days combined, but this Jubilee weekend has made me grew to love and admire this lady.  She is 86 and reminds me so much of my own granny, and her strength is amazing.  Imagine being sworn in as queen at the age of 26.  (I mean, what was I doing when I was 26?)  On Sunday when she and Prince Philip went onboard the Spirit of Chartwell boat to watch the River Pageant, it was cold and windy but they stood throughout the 3 hours event.  It was said she was offered some hot tea and a seat, which she both said no to.  I love my grandma but I have to say I don't think

Sleep, baby sleep

I had an idea to blog about Isabelle's sleep behaviour the other day.  Before having Isabelle, I had not the slightest idea how big the sleep topic is for a baby, and now a toddler.  I merely assumed that babies will sleep, no matter what, right?  Because they are tired right?  No, of course not.  Isabelle showed me how much she could and can fight sleep even when she is tired.  As a new mum, I did not know how to read her sleepy signs, and more often than not, she would be overtired by the time I catch her signs and by then she is cranky and crying.  Oh the tears.  From Isabelle and mummy. The early months Sleep has always been an issue for me when Isabelle was born.  She cried non stop every evening for hours on end, and we had no idea what to do with her.  Colic was the word most used on such babies, and everyone comforted us that this difficult phase would be over within 3 months.  I still remembered uttering "3 months?!" under my breath.  Not 3 weeks?  

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Two Saturdays ago we were invited to the Kim's for a themed dinner, specifically a Murder Mystery dinner party.  What is that, you might ask.  It was our first time attending such a dinner too, and so how it works is: a group of people attend a dinner party.  Each is assigned a role and will be given a script to read that night.  The aim of the party is to identify a murderer in the midst of us by the end of the night.  The hosts would work off a dinner game set (they got it off Amazon) and it comes with proper invites, setting/ scene, table name cards, scripts and even a suggested menu.  Clearly RX is an Agatha Christie fan. Two weeks beforehand, we received our invites in the postbox, telling us what roles we each have been assigned and the suggested attire (and props if necessary).  Interesting yes? The dinner was to start at 7pm and we were to have 8 people that night.  It's all very mysterious… Our invitation cards assigned K the role of Monsieur Bertrand, a f